To provide a safe and reliable supply of water to its member agencies serving the San Diego region.
- We will consider our partner agencies’ and stakeholders’ interests in our decisions.
- We will do our work in the most cost effective-ways.
- We will have open communications with our partner agencies and the public.
- We will have an open and inclusive policy development process.
- We value diversity in the water supply.
- We value long-range planning.
The 2021-2025 Business Plan is the guiding document used by the Water Authority to implement the Board of Director’s strategic direction. The Plan provides a common set of objectives for the organization, focuses Water Authority staff on achievable actions, and guides investments in resources.
The Business Plan is a rolling five year plan that is updated every two years to ensure the Water Authority stays on track in accomplishing its business goals. An assessment of the Business Plan’s performance metrics is reviewed quarterly by Water Authority management and presented to the Board annually.
Long-Range Financing Plan
The Long-Range Financing Plan identifies the financial policies that guide the Water Authority’s prudent management of financial risk and outlines Water Authority plans to finance its $3.6 billion Capital Improvement Program.Long-Range Financing Plan
Together, these documents direct the key management strategies that guide the Water Authority’s management and staff . They provide clear policy and deliberate direction that will enable us to deliver on our mission of a safe and reliable water supply for generations to come.