- Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Board of
- Enhancing Water Supply Reliability
- Future Planning
- Local Supplies
- Imported Supplies
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Regional Water Use
- Water Quality
Facilities & Operations
- Construction Projects
- Project & Facility Tours
- Facilities & Operations
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Right of Way
- Purchasing Overview
- Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
- Contracting Opportunities
- Vendor Registration
- Purchasing Resources
- Finance &
- Water Rates & Charges
- Financials / Investor Relations
- Member Agency Dates and General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Resolutions & Ordinances
- Community Outreach
& School Programs
- News &
Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
The San Diego County Water Authority’s Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program (SCOOP) is designed to maximize small business participation on Water Authority contracts and procurements.
SCOOP meets this objective through outreach activities such as networking, training, and technical assistance. SCOOP facilitates the development and reinforcement of skill sets that small businesses need to partner, bid, and perform successfully on Water Authority projects.
With an emphasis on outreach and partnering, rather than on goals or quotas, the SCOOP program has resulted in significant small business inclusion in all procurement sectors, including construction, professional services, maintenance and non-professional services, and materials, supplies and equipment.
The Sheltered Market Market Program
The Sheltered Market Program designates competition for certain contracts to small, registered, certified businesses only.
The Sheltered Market Program applies to procurements that are greater than $10,000 and up to $150,000, and for which there is a competitive pool of three or more small businesses in The Network, the Water Authority’s online vendor registration and solicitation notification system.