- Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Board of
- Enhancing Water Supply Reliability
- Future Planning
- Local Supplies
- Imported Supplies
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Regional Water Use
- Water Quality
Facilities & Operations
- Construction Projects
- Project & Facility Tours
- Facilities & Operations
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Right of Way
- Purchasing Overview
- Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
- Contracting Opportunities
- Vendor Registration
- Purchasing Resources
- Finance &
- Water Rates & Charges
- Financials / Investor Relations
- Member Agency Dates and General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Resolutions & Ordinances
- Community Outreach
& School Programs
- News &
Resources & Other Materials
"To Quench a Thirst" Documentary Series
Our “To Quench a Thirst” documentary series highlights the historic challenges the region overcame to meet the water needs of a growing population and vibrant economy despite few local resources. The engaging three-part series is based on the book, “To Quench a Thirst: A brief history of water in the San Diego region,” first published by the San Diego County Water Authority in 2002. A DVD is available for in-class room use, if desired. Please call 858-522-6700 for further information.
Although in-class presentations are no longer available by Water Authority staff, through grant funding by the Hans and Margaret Doe Trust, the Water Authority is able to provide the same materials, free, to teachers, that have been used by us for these presentations in the past. Check out these new posters and order yours today.
FREE Water Cycle and Water Supply Map Posters
Order your poster free of charge today! Fill out the request form here.
HELP History Video Series
(3rd-4th grade) Video series in VHS or DVD
This video series will wet your students’ thirst for knowledge about local and state history:
San Diego County: History and Growth - Third Grade
In this short video, historical photos are woven into a story designed to motivate third-grade students to learn more about the communities in which they live. Students learn that water played a major role in the development of San Diego and that contributions of people of all races have helped to shape San Diego's unique history.
- California: A Changing State - Fourth Grade This video series follows the adventures of five students as they explore the history and geography of California. Through the use of special effects, their stories are told in five short videos, each addressing a different era. The videos also show how water played a key role in the development of California.
This DVD has been distributed to all schools in the county. Check your school for a copy or view it online at http://www.sdcoe.tv/?loc=wa/video.
Water Conservation Video
(4th-6th grade) “Be Water Smart"
In this entertaining video, students, armed with water saving tips, involve their parents in a class contest to see which family can save the most water. By watching this video, your students will learn simple ways to save water inside and outside of their homes.
This DVD has been distributed to all schools in the county.
Check your school for a copy or view it online at http://www.sdcoe.tv/?loc=wa/video .
Metropolitan Water District of Southern CA Curriculum Materials (K-12 grade)
MWD Programs include elementary, secondary, and postsecondary education curricula and supplemental materials for K-12 teachers and students. Programs and materials are available, at no cost, to teachers in our service area. On their website, you will find numerous water-related activities for K-12 levels. Classroom ideas and trivia questions are also presneted to assist your lessons.
To request these and other MWD materials, click here.